Region 15 invites all school staff, parents and students to submit nominations for the 2019-20 Pomperaug Regional School District Teacher of the Year!
The Teacher of the Year award recognizes excellence for all teachers through the selection of an outstanding representative teacher in the school district.
Please take a few minutes to nominate one or more teachers for this award!
Click here for Nomination Form: All nominations forms must be returned to your building principal no later than 3:00 p.m. on Friday, May 24, 2019.
The nomination forms should be completed with a written narrative that discusses evidence in support of the candidate. The Selection Committee has developed the following guidelines for considering nominations for Teacher of the Year:
- Demonstrated ability to inspire enthusiasm and motivation for learning in students.
- Demonstrated use of effective teaching techniques, flexibility of style, innovation, and creativity.
- Caring relationships with students.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional growth and development.
- Respect and admiration of students, colleagues, parents and administration.
- Personal philosophy and goals.
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly.
- Community involvement.
These guidelines will represent general areas for consideration; it is not necessary for the candidate to possess special strengths in every area, since the selection will be based on a holistic assessment of the candidacy. In addition, The Region 15 Teacher of the Year nominees must be tenured teachers in the district and have not received this award previously.